Here’s the latest update on the County Dublin Honey Show on Saturday 4th November:
Lots of entries already in the honey show competition
As of Monday 16th, we are already receiving entries to the honey show – so it’s shaping up to be another busy show.
If you want to enter the honey show competition, have a read of the competition classes and rules here and here – then you can enter online here. You might like to read Keith Pierce’s tips on preparing your entries for show.
At the County Dublin honey show we always offer attendees two free lectures. We have just confirmed the lecturers and their topics:
- At 11:00 and 13:00 am Maeve Clissmann wil show a cartoon video on bees for children followed
- At 11:30 and 13:30 am by an Introductory video for adults
- At 12:00 noon and 14:00, Jim Ryan will give a talk on “Honey Bees, Wasps and Bumble Bees”.
Make sure you arrive early for the lectures as they are usually very popular!
Honey for sale
As usual, we will be selling our own County Dublin Beekeepers’ Association honey at the show. It’s beautiful honey at a good price, so we usually sell out by lunchtime. Once the association’s honey is all gone, our members are permitted to sell their own honey – but even that usually sells out before the show closes!
Parking for the show
As the honey show’s in the centre of Rathgar, parking is limited. The main entrance to the Honey Show in Christ Church Rathgar is on Highfield Road. There is parking here but very limited, and we are required to keep the entrance to the inner cap park free for traders who rent spaces there. Here’s where you will find other parking:
- Coming from the village on Highfield Road take the first turn right onto Oaklands Drive, (entrance to St Luke’s Hospital) There is free parking on the right generally quiet on a Saturday.
- Almost opposite the turn for Oaklands Drive is Templemore Ave. This is a narrow road with limited free spaces, just as you turn onto the road.
- Parallel with Templemore Ave is Neville Road and this is free at the weekend. Plenty of spaces here.
- All of these Roads will take a 5 minute walk approx to honey show.
- Coming from Rathmines on the Rathgar Road into Rathgar village, at the traffic lights turn left onto Orwell Road (left at Deli Boutique), Just after SuperValu turn right into a recycling centre with parking. Free on a Saturday. From this car park is the entrance to Rathgar Tennis club and parking here is free.
- If you miss the turn into the recycling centre keep right at the “V” and take the first turn right onto Victoria Road. Free parking Saturday.
All these parking spots are a 5 min walk approx to Christ Church. ( a little quicker if you walk in one entrance of SuperValu and out the other!)
We look forward to seeing you – and your entries – at the Honey Show in Christ Church, Rathgar.