As well as all of our events for members only, the Dublin beekeepers hold various public events through the year:
- On Tuesday evenings starting in February and March we run our beekeeping beginners’ course. This popular course is well attended, so why not check out our ‘learning about beekeeping’ page to find out more. The beginners’ course includes some practical demonstrations through the summer at the CDBKA apiary in Rathfarnham.
- At the end of April, our beginners are invited to try for the FIBKA Preliminary Certificate (details here http://www.irishbeekeeping.ie/education/education.html).
- The Bloom in the Park gardens exhibition is a recent addition to the beekeeping calendar, and is run jointly on behalf of the Federation by the Dublin Beekeepers and our neighbours the Fingal BKA. Volunteers are very welcome – contact our Secretary!
- We host a stand at the Dublin Horse Show in August each year – volunteers who help out with the stand gain free entry into the show. It’s a great opportunity to show off your knowledge of beekeeping and to meet the public.
- Our Honey Show is held in early November, in Christ Church Hall, Rathgar. It is the beekeeper’s chance to exhibit & win prizes for honey, wax, cakes, mead, photographs, candles and much more, and your chance to meet the beekeepers and find out all about beekeeping. There is also a craft fair and stands selling beekeeping equipment and CDBKA honey.
That’s our standard programme for the year – to find the date of your next chance to meet the beekeepers, check out our ‘future events’ page. We hope to meet you at one of our events!