Our Honey Show is held annually in Christ Church Hall, Rathgar. The 2016 Honey Show will be on Saturday 5th November from 10:30am to 4pm. Check out some beautiful photos from recent honey shows – in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, & 2016,
The Honey Show is the beekeeper’s chance to exhibit and win prizes for honey, wax, cakes, mead, photographs, candles and much more, and the vistor’s chance to meet the beekeepers and find out all about beekeeping.
There is also a craft fair and there will stands selling beekeeping equipment and CDBKA honey, so do come and meet us.
There will be lectures and Videos, starting at 11:00 am and 13:00. Arrive early for the lectures because last year there was standing room only.
Honey lovers should note that as well as selling our own Co. Dublin Beekeepers’ Association honey, this year our members will have a stand selling their own honey once the association honey is all sold – which should be by lunchtime or so. If you want to buy honey, be safe and arrive early.
To learn about the next show, check out the latest news, here.
As the honey show’s in the centre of Rathgar, parking is limited. The main entrance to the Honey Show in Christ Church Rathgar is on Highfield Road. There is parking here but very limited. Here’s where you will find other parking:
- Coming from the village on Highfield Road take the first turn right onto Oaklands Drive, (entrance to St Luke’s Hospital) There is free parking on the right generally quiet on a Saturday.
- Almost opposite the turn for Oaklands Drive is Templemore Ave. This is a narrow road with limited free spaces, just as you turn onto the road.
- Parallel with Templemore Ave is Neville Road and this is free at the weekend. Plenty of spaces here.
- All of these Roads will take a 5 minute walk approx to honey show.
- Coming from Rathmines on the Rathgar Road into Rathgar village, at the traffic lights turn left onto Orwell Road (left at Deli Boutique), Just after SuperValu turn right into a recycling centre with parking. Free on a Saturday. From this car park is the entrance to Rathgar Tennis club and parking here is free.
- If you miss the turn into the recycling centre keep right at the “V” and take the first turn right onto Victoria Road. Free parking Saturday.
All these parking spots are a 5 min walk approx to Christ Church. ( a little quicker if you walk in one entrance of SuperValu and out the other!)
We look forward to seeing you – and your entries – at the Honey Show in Christ Church, Rathgar.